Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Patrick Demarchelier

So I just finished (literally, like 10 minutes ago) creating a presentation on Patrick Demarchelier that I will be presenting tonight for my photography class. For those of you who don't know, Patrick Demarchelier is a world renowned fashion photographer who has done photo-shoots for every major fashion magazine, including Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, W, Elle, Vanity Fair, Marie Claire... and the list just keeps going! His work is absolutely beautiful! While doing some research, I found that what is most important to him when photographing his subjects is to capture them being themselves, and that it is his goal to make them forget about the camera. He will even pretend to take test shots when he is in fact taking actual photographs in order to do so! This approach is what allows him to create photos that have a genuine and naturally elegant feel to them.

Here are some of Patrick Demarchelier's photos that I haven't been able to take my eyes off of! I hope you enjoy them.












*photos courtesy of demarchelier.net

No comments:

Post a Comment